What are the consequences of pushing transgender ideology on children?
As America continues to follow the growing LGBTQ movement, more and more adolescents are jumping on the trend. But the research is still new and tends to be slanted. Now more than ever, it is important for parents to be informed about what is going on at school and how it’s impacting their kids. This week’s episode features the conclusion to our discussion with the three panelists, Dr. Kenyon Knapp, Lori Kuykendall, and Thomas Turner, on these topics and more!
“Kids are struggling with physical, mental, emotional, relational, and I would add, spiritual health. So, parents, we’ve got to be there. We are there 24/7 even though they’re at school for a good number of their days through their childhood years. So let’s do what we can to rebuild that partnership and let’s make sure we’re protecting our children relationally.” — Lori Kuykendall
Here are a few of the topics debated on today’s episode:
- The critical need for transparency
- Building relationships founded on trust between parents and teachers
- Creating healthy relationships between parents and children in order to win back their hearts and minds
- The idea that education should start at home and with the parents
- Choosing an education path for children that reflects parents’ values, whether that be homeschooling, private schooling, or public schooling
Our panelists also answer several audience questions, including:
- Are there resources schools can use to help children understand identity issues without influencing them one way or the other?
- Is research being conducted on transgenderism as it relates to young people?
- How can parents push back against the indoctrination of ideas they disagree with for their children?
If you like what you’re hearing, stay tuned for our next episode on The State of Education with Melvin Adams.
Would you rather watch the video version of our podcast episodes? Subscribe to our YouTube channel to get notified every week when new episodes drop:
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN TODAY’S EPISODE:
- Dr. Kenyon Knapp, one of today’s panelists and a licensed therapist, suggests that Alliance for Therapeutic Choice and Scientific Integrity is a trustworthy source for those seeking additional help in navigating these issues.
Join the conversation!