Today brings National School Choice Week to a close.
Proponents around the country have spent the past week celebrating the progress made in 2021 and advocating for increased academic freedom. Sadly, eighteen states still have no school choice laws in place.
Last year, West Virginia surged to the forefront of choice programs and became the state with the broadest school choice legislation by opening school choice to all students regardless of income.
Over the last year, we’ve written quite a bit about the ins and outs of school choice. So to cap off the celebration this week, here are our top 15 school choice posts, arranged by topic. Let us know in the comments which post is your favorite!
About School Choice
- Is School Choice That Big of a Deal?
- Disrupting the Government’s Hold on Education: An Interview with Terrye Seckinger
- How Legislation Drives School Choice
- School Choice Needed for Children of Military Members
Making a School Choice
- How to Decide What Type of School is Right for Your Kids
- Choosing a School Option for Your Special Needs Child
- What Can Schools Do to Get Better at Accountability?
- Expectations You Should Have for Your Child’s Instruction
- How to Influence Public Schools: An Interview with Robbie and Rachel England
- Public Education: A Microcosm of School Choice
- Private School Might Be More Affordable Than You Think
- Private Religious Schools Aren’t Safe from Enforced LGBTQ Policies
- What are Montessori Schools? (Most, but not all, Montessori schools are privately funded.)
[…] Want to read more about school choice? Tackle our top 15 school choice blog posts. […]
[…] the reasons, now you’re exploring school choice. Maybe you’ve decided you want to try a private school, and you’re at the point where you just […]
[…] get a little ambiguous. Not to mention plain confusing! We know all these terms have to do with school choice, but what exactly do they mean? We know there are school choice laws that allow us to choose […]